Monday, October 11, 2010

life in the UK



Assalamualaikum..
Ibu, ayah,keluarga...sayangku,sahabat sekalian....
Alhamdulillah di kesempatan ini saye akan berkongsi sedikit sebanyak tentang kehidupan saye di UK sepanjang saye berada di sini selama 8 hari ni...
untuk entri ni..next time saye update lg...sayang maaf dady x post entry baru..dady just need time.


Ok. I've arrived in the UK on the 2nd of October 2010. I took a MAS plane from KLIA to London.
The flight took 13 hours but I was not bored because there was tv and games to watch and play.
They also served foods for the passengers. I sat in the middle of the plain.
All of us were wearing suit on the lucky day. It was such a sad day to leave our loved ones. Tears were pouring everywhere on my face. I could see the sad faces among my friends and parents.
My love ones cried non stop. I think for 2 days..
Hmm...I don't know what to do. I don't have any choice but to go for UK to further my study.
It is a one in a life time opportunity. Among thousands of students I am chosen
to be given place to further my study in the UK.
More than 200 students are being sent to UK on that day. It is mixed with the
PPC and KPM students. Here I stay off campus.

I do not stay in the room provided by the campus but
I stay in a house some where in Coventry. The road named Queensland Avenue.
I have got the offer for accommodation on campus which is roots but I have rejected it.
The reason why I did so is because the rent is cheaper. I can save a lot of money if I stay off campus. Moreover the house that I rent now is the cheapest house that you can find in Coventry.
It is 150 per month including the electric fees and foods. I'm happy because
all my house mates are muslim and male. There are 4 rooms all together in this house.
6 people staying in  this house including me. On the first day I arrived in this house,
I was very shocked because it was messy and full with stuff.
According to the story by the senior this house has been rent since 1994 by muslim students.
They stayed here but when they leave, they did not bringtheir things back.
They leaved them in the house. The house is more likely looks like a store.

 My housemates are syafiq, acap, chip,kamal n abang jo. On the first day in this house acap
 had bought me a cupboard. It is very big. 3 doors with shelves. It is very nice. He bought it from IKEA.
However the problem was we need to assemble the woods ourselves.
So, we just follow the manual and our best to assemble it. It took 2 hours to assemble the cupboard. Actually, at first the cupboard is meant to be acap's cupboard but because
 he is a kind person he donates the cupboard to me because he sees my things are so many.
 It cost him 69pounds. It is not cheap but he gave it to me. How nice he is...thanks acap.

The weather here is cold. I couldn't stand the cold on the first day and I was jet lag.
 Although I was wearing a thick sweater but I still can feel the cold.
 The temperature is 15 degree Celsius. I stay off campus so I need to take a bus to the University.
 It takes 20 minutes by bus from my place to the University.
The bus here are all double decker. The bus fare is 1.50 per way but you can get
 the day saver ticket for one day travelling for 3.2 pounds.

My roomates is chip. I need to share bed with him as there is only a bed in the room.
gratefully the bed is queen size. It still can fit in 2 people. Usually in the house in Malaysia
 they use aircond but here they use heater.

 Since the first day I was here
 the house is occupied with wifi and tv channels. The internet connection is very fast as fast as
100 megabytes. It is very fast that you can download movie in just 8 minutes.
It is great that this house has wifi so that I can online free and contact my loved
ones and family in Malaysia. I'm very proud to be a Malaysian.

 The people here is nice and helpful. Only when they are normal.
I mean when they are drunk they lost their normal way of thinking. They might harm you.
 Usually, after 5pm most of the locals will warm up themselves by taking alcohols.
The problems is they may lose control on their action.
So be aware...

Life as a University student is not easy, we are being based on our performance in
class and also our reading. They will know how far have we read and how many
books have we read just by looking at our points and elaborations in our assignment.
 Here they aspect us to work on ourselves. Independent learning.

 For the first year,
 there are three terms for us to go through. Each term is three months. The first year's result
will not counted as long as we pass the exam, we may have chance to continue our second year here.
 In the class there are only us, meaning 52 of us from MALAYSIA are placed in the same class
 and we are not mixed with the locals.

We may interact with the locals by joining clubs and society.
It is our opportunity to get to know their attitudes,cultures and also belief. The most important thing is when we make friends with the locals we may have high possibilities to learn their accent.
 It is very nice to speak to them because they can speak very well as the language is their mother tongue. They can speak non-stop and with a high speed. They have a lot of ideas to say.
Maybe they read a lot. At first it was very hard to catch up with their accent.
I only understand some words when they speak.

 Another problem is I can understand them but it is hard for me to reply to them.
 I need time to think of words and correct sentences. I am aware of my grammar when I
speak as I don't want people to look down on me or make fun of me.
Although I know that it sounds funny sometimes. People says, we need to learn from mistakes and practice makes perfect. So almost everyday I have made conversation with the people from different countries.
We spoke English.

The results are amazing because within 4 days I can already understand 70% when they
 speak although it still hard. I also can speak to them without fear. My communication skills also have been improving since I was here.

 The university is very big. There are varieties of faculties available here.
Students from different countries have come here to studies different kind of courses. Their dress code is yeah...you knew it. Most of them wear sexy shirts,shorts skirts, they are blond and tall. I wonder why they are so fair, tall and their nose is beautiful. Hmm...I hope I could be like them but now I already grateful on how God has made me.

 During the sports fair, I've joined the badminton club.
 I need to pay 5 pounds for the club fees and also the fees for the Warwick Sports Centre Club fees which cost me a total of 50 pounds.
 It is quite expensive to me but it worth it because I can use almost every facilities that are available in the sports centre such as the badminton court, swimming pool, tennis court, football court,
basketball court and many more. The member card valid for one year.
I can booked a court one hour each day. They provide the net but the shuttles
 you have to bring your own but they also sell it at the counter. Moreover whoever does
not have any racquet may rent it with 1.86pounds each.

Talking about badminton I'm very into this sport as I played badminton since I was 12.
 Badminton is all about speed and power. The techniques also important to make you a good player.

To cut it short, I've went to the trials on the 6th of October. I played for Malaysia.
 I'm very proud to be Malaysian. I started the game very well by beating some white guys.
Although they are much taller than me, but it does not meant that they are better than me.
The fighting spirit is the main role in winning a game. I managed to continue to the next stage which was the second trial on the next day. t was not an easy mission.

 In the first trial there were three different classes for badminton players.
The first one is beginner, next is intermediate and finally the advanced player.
 I went for the advanced player. Among the advanced player, the badminton group members have filtered some of us to go for the second trial. It means that in the second trial only good player will play.

 During the second trial, the team members have decided to choose only 13 players to join the badminton team among 50 to 60 players. After having matches with other players.
 The best among the best players were chosen I'm very lucky to be chosen as one of the player in the team. It was like a dream come true. I'm very happy.
It was a record for me to play badminton with people all around the world and finally I was chosen to be the best among the best. Alhamdulillah. I hope to perform better in the future in the team. The next practice is on Tuesday 12th October at 7.30pm. I can't wait to go for the practice.

Here I need to use UK Lebara number which is 07586764911.
Lebara to Lebara is free text and free call. the rate for calling to Malaysia is 5 pence and for text is 10 pence per text.

Tomorrow is going to be my first day to lecture.
 I'm kind of nervous because some of the seniors have spoken to me about the lecture.
They said that I will going to be very busy with my works and researches.
 I hope that I can cope with the lesson and syllabus.
Wish me luck guys.

Love you all...

Wassalam

1 comment:

  1. sayang. im touched! really.
    sayang da dapat adapt ngn surrounding kat sane.
    be gud my dear!

    ReplyDelete